A Friends Group is a group of people that wish to support Charlie House, who get together on a regular basis to have fun whilst raising funds for the work of the charity.
Location: Based from home and in your local community. The areas we are looking to cover are Aberdeen City and towns and villages across Aberdeenshire.
Time: Several hours per week.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
As a member of a Friends Group you will
- Arrange local fundraising events (such as sales and fairs, quiz nights, jumble sales, coffee mornings etc)
- Organise public collections in your local town or supermarket
- Place and maintain collection cans (in local shops, pubs etc)
- Circulate leaflets and awareness posters in the community
- Groups may also be involved in talking to other organisations about the work of Charlie House, encouraging others to support the great work that we do.
The structure of a Friends Group depends on how large or small the group is, but generally the groups has:
- Someone good at paperwork and admin, to write letters/keep records/take minutes etc.
- A person comfortable with figures who could organise ‘floats’ for events and the recording and banking of funds raised
- Someone comfortable with leading the group, chairing meetings and being the main contact for the fundraising team
- Additional volunteers to help at your events
Essential Skills and Experience:
Ideally, we would like volunteers with:
- Access to a vehicle and full clean driving licence
- Good organisational skills and ability to maintain records
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Enthusiasm for the cause
Training and Support:
In your role you will be supported with the appropriate training and guidance on how to run a successful and fun friends group. You will also be given a volunteer induction, full ‘on the job’ training as required for the role, and an introduction to Charlie House. If your role requires specific training courses, we will organise these for you.
If you would like to start your own Friends Group simply get in touch with Lynn Batham, she will meet you, give you the background of the charity and you can then decide on the kind of things you would like to do.
Starting date: ASAP
To apply for any volunteering opportunities, please complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the role please contact the team at Charlie House on 01224 313333.