Volunteering at our events is a great way to be able to support the work of Charlie House at a time that is suitable for you. It is a great opportunity for those that can’t commit to regular volunteering. Our events rely on many volunteers offering varied levels of support.
Location: In your local community supporting Charlie House events.
Time: varied hours dependent on event calendar.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
As an event volunteer you will
- Assisting in raising funds for Charlie House
- Helping raise awareness and the profile of Charlie House
- Supporting participants at sponsored events
- Manning Charlie House stalls at events
- Staffing registration desks and stewarding
- Serving on refreshments stalls
- Carrying out bucket collections
- Setting up and dismantling of stalls
- Participating in any specialised training relevant to the event
Essential Skills and Experience:
Ideally, we would like volunteers with:
- Show a flexible, positive and cheerful attitude and personality
- Be a good communicator and enjoy meeting people
- Maintain a good/professional public image
- Work on your own and effectively within a team
- Be patient and persevering
- Be adaptable to undertaking a range of tasks.
- Get to events independently
Training and Support:
You will be given a volunteer induction, full ‘on the job’ training as required for the role, and an introduction to Charlie House. If your role requires specific training courses, we will organise these for you.
Starting date: ASAP
To apply for any volunteering opportunities, please complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the role please contact the team at Charlie House on 01224 313333.