Collection Can Co-ordinator
As a Volunteer Collection Can Coordinator you will get to meet new people in your community and also have the satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to raising awareness of Charlie House.
Location: Based from home and in your local community. The areas we are looking to cover are Aberdeen City and towns and villages across Aberdeenshire.
Time: Several hours per week. Initially required to place 10 boxes and an ongoing commitment to manage them.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Place Charlie House charity collection cans in shops, pubs, etc. in your local area
- Make follow up visits to businesses where cans have been placed to empty contents and reseal them for further use
- Count and bank income and provide monthly income sheets to the fundraising team OR return cans to Charlie House and we can count/bank etc
- Check collection cans are clean and in good condition
Ideally, we would like Volunteer Can Coordinators to place and manage ten or more cans within their local community. Once ten cans are in place, the time spent maintaining the boxes is an ongoing commitment but will vary from place to place depending on how quickly cans fill up where they are positioned. It is very important to regularly empty the cans.
Volunteers should allow on average two to three hours per can to carry out the following duties:
- Maintain contact with your key contact at the can location to agree date to empty the collection can
- Travel to empty the can and reseal it
- Count donations collected
- Bank the donations or return full cans to the fundraising office
- Report income to the fundraising team
Once ten boxes are in place it is likely that the amount of time needed will be approximately one day per month.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Ideally, we would like someone with:
- Access to a vehicle and full clean driving licence
- Good organisational skills and ability to maintain records
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Enthusiasm for the cause
Training and Support:
You will be given a volunteer induction, full ‘on the job’ training as required for the role, and an introduction to Charlie House. If your role requires specific training courses, we will organise these for you.
Starting date: ASAP
To apply for any volunteering opportunities, please complete the application form and email to email@example.com
If you have any questions about the role please contact the team at Charlie House on 01224 313333.