Work With Us
Charlie House is busy growing its services and support network. As we grow we will need more committed professionals in a variety of disciplines to help us achieve our goals of supporting as many babies, children and young people across the North-east with life-limiting conditions as possible – making sure that they get the help they need when they need it most.
Not all Superheroes wear capes! Join the Team...
We are currently recruiting - DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST:
About Charlie House:
Charlie House is a charity focused on realising a vision that all babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions in North-east Scotland receive the necessary support they and their families require. From the very start of their lives we provide practical and emotional support for the whole family, doing everything we can to help make memories and live life to the full.
The past year has been undeniably hard for everyone and has presented us with two key challenges that we’re working to overcome in 2021 in beyond.
- Increased demand for our support today
- Enhancing our services for tomorrow
Imagine if your support network of carers and support groups were all taken away with a moment’s notice? That was the reality of many of the families we support during the pandemic, and the result has been an increased demand for our vital services by 84%,whilst our income has seen a 70% decrease.
In 2018 we launched our £8m ‘Big Build Appeal’ to support this long-term goal of creating a purpose-built facility to enhance our support for families in the region. Set in four acres of land within Woodend Hospital, the centre will be a specialist medical facility that enables the children and their families to make wonderful memories together with state-of-the-art spaces. Our fundraising timeline has been understandably impacted by the pandemic and it’s crucial that we get back on track to reach this monumental milestone.
The person we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Digital Marketing all-rounder who is as passionate about purpose as they are about delivering measurable results. You’ll be someone who can take responsibility for both creating and activating a strategy to help us meet our immediate and longer-term fundraising goals, and you’ll be equally comfortable presenting plans to our board as you are rolling up your sleeves to get the work done. We’re looking for someone who can manage, maintain and optimise our platforms, create and curate compelling and results-oriented content and campaigns, and drive measurable engagement and growth.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- 2-5 years’ experience in an agency or fast-paced sales-driven environment
- The ability to look at the bigger picture and suggest new, creative ways to solve problems and achieve ambitious targets
- Experience with audience identification and segmentation
- A sound knowledge of different social platforms and how they are used by different demographics
- The confidence to be a self-starter, and to achieve buy-in from the leadership team through clear articulation of strategy, tactics, activation and KPIs
- Demonstrable experience in delivering in-bound and other marketing campaigns to grow e-commerce
- An understanding of wider digital marketing tactics such as SEO and PPC, and experience with Content Management Systems
- An eye for effective and engaging content creation that covers a wide range of media
- Excellent emotive copy writing skills for a range of purposes, including social posts, ad copy, newsletters and blogs
- The ability to set and meet ambitious but achievable goals
What we can offer the right person:
- The chance to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of hundreds of families in the North East of Scotland
- Be part of a dynamic, passionate and fast paced team
- Competitive salary
- 33 holidays per holiday year including fixed 5 public holiday (pro-rated)
- Flexible working, with the potential to work remotely if you can travel for meetings and events on a regular basis
- A level of autonomy and the freedom to shape this newly established role
- Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications, a chance to get involved in other parts of the charity
Are you the Superhero we are looking for? Here’s how to take the next step:
If you feel that your skills are suited to the needs of the role, please email your CV and an informative covering letter to include a statement identifying any relevant skills, experience and abilities that match our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications is Thursday 15th April 2021
- Interviews will take place virtually w/c 26th April 2021