Big Build Project
Our big dream is to provide a fit for purpose centre that will provide a wide range of services to the very special children, young people and their families.
The Specialist Care Centre as it is called during this development stage, would provide local support and services to children and young people with life-limiting conditions and their families.
The centre would provide
- Planned short breaks
- Day care services
- Emergency care
- Palliative and end of life care
- Hydrotherapy pool sessions
- Engagement in new activities
- Socialisation outwith the family home
It would provide a vital service to
- Infants and children with multiple complex needs up to age 18 and their families
- Children and young people who are technologically dependent
- Children and young people who have life-limiting and life-shortening conditions
- Young people, aged 18-25 in transition to adult services
- The whole family when they need it most
We hope that the specialist care centre would have the following facilities
- 8 children’s bedrooms with specialist bathing facilities
- Sensory room
- Soft play area
- Sensory garden & outside play areas
- Teenage area & media room
- Art, craft & messy play area
- Hydrotherapy pool
- Daytime space: lounge, dining, kitchen
- Family accommodation with en-suite facilities
- Community meeting space / gym
- Meeting rooms
Designs for the building are based on research of other similar facilities throughout the UK and have been developed in partnership with the families. Initial planning consultations have taken place with Aberdeen City Council and we are very busy working on this project in tandem with our current initiatives.
We are very excited about this project and are putting everything in place to help deliver this for the 1,500 children and young people that have been identified in the North-east of Scotland that could benefit from such a facility and its services. #DreamBig
If you would like more information about how to get support, please contact Sorcha.